Overview: With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) forecasting technology, you can trust The Weather Channel to help you plan the best day possible, with the most accurate weather forecast available.
Our favorite features include:
- “Expect rain to start at 3:15p”—No more guessing! If your weather conditions (snow or rain) are changing within 6 hours, we let you know not only the chance of precipitation, but also the exact time it will happen.
- Detailed weather forecasts (hourly forecasts, 36 hour forecasts, and 10 day forecasts)
- Fast, accurate, and localized maps provide you with features like past radar and future radar, severe weather bulletins for storms, and tropical cyclone tracking (this includes hurricanes).
- Easy location management, so you can edit and save your favorite places. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of our weather widgets and notifications.
- Local forecast and popular videos
- Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
But don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying:
“We love [The Weather Channel app on Android] because we can hit all the important features, like ‘What It Feels Like’ temperature, the 10-day forecast and hourly temperature, faster than any other app. If you need the ‘expertise’ of a meteorologist, the short and sweet video forecasts will get you up to speed in no time.” ~Gizmodo’s The Best Android Apps
”Great, up to the minute weather updates right to your phone… Terrific, basic weather app backed by experts.”~Appolicious
“You can count on the fact that the data is vetted by a large team of on-staff weather professionals.”~ZeroPaid
“The Weather Channel app is necessary... With voice search, hourly forecasts, one-click access and local video highlights, this free Android app is essential…” ~Appolicious
“More intuitive, good-looking, and user friendly… Thanks to The Weather Channel, you will have comprehensive knowledge about predictions from wherever in the World.” ~AndroidZoom
Among the “Favorite Android Widgets” from Business Insider!
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“You no longer have a reason to get caught out in the rain with no jacket. A definite must have app.”~Appolicious
“The Weather Channel App for Android has been ranked as the number 1 most downloaded weather app and one of the most used apps available on the Android Market… so if you’re looking for a fully-featured weather app that delivers goodness all the time, go ahead and check it out.” ~IntoMobile
And, don’t forget! You can earn points while accessing your weather! For a select group of our US consumers you can now earn mPoints by just checking the weather. Whether you simply check your hyper local forecasts, play with our radar maps, set-up future radar, customize our animated radar maps, watch a video, or simply browse our long-range forecasts, you could be earning points! These points are redeemable for gift cards to major US retailers.
The Weather Channel greatly appreciates our customers' feedback and patience as we work on our next build. Please see our customer service page to provide feedback and for our FAQs: http://feedback.weather.com/
+ Page 10 Day Add icon to indicate these rows can expand
Redesigned Hourly forecast page has all the details of time fully expanded at all times!
Separate screens hourly and daily forecast to limit the amount of displacement
New spring / summer weather caused funds
Map legend Fixed bugs
Support banner ads on tablets